Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

I'm taking a break...

Well, folks - I'm off on a much-needed holiday for the rest of the year. 2012 was one of the most exhausting years of my life and I'm looking forward to spending what is left of it with my two girls, far away from civilisation and hopefully also far away from triggers, and to coming back rejuvenated and filled with renewed energy to fight this fight we call "recovery".

I will pick up posting again in January.

I will leave you with this thought - after all the struggles and triumphs that is life, the only thing that really matters is the love of friends and family. Without those relationships, our lives are empty. So hug the ones you love and tell them that you do. Use this festive season to spend time with them and remember why you treasure them.

Au revoir. See you next year (unless the world ends tomorrow).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your story.
    I have taken many weeks to read it in its entirety, and have cried for you as a child, for you as a teen, and then rejoiced for you as a husband and father. I am so sorry for all that you have endured. I did not expect the terrible loss of your angel.
    May 2013 hold bright blessings for you and your daughter. Thank you again for your brave writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I did not expect to loose her either, but I'm getting over it and moving on. I am grateful that my last memories of her are happy ones.

      Delete

Please note that all comments are moderated and may take a while to appear.